But do I have to?
Yes! WordPress is increasingly using more and more JS, whether in the admin, themes, or plugins.
And the current priorities for WordPress development — customization, the editing experience, and the REST API — all require JS.
So, if you want to develop for WordPress, learning JS in addition to PHP is a necessity.
- Article: JS for WordPress people
- Course: JS for WordPress Master Course
- Article: Anatomy of a Modern JS Application
- Article: Preparing for ES6
- Article: Get Started with ES6
- Articles: ES6
- Course: ES6 for Everyone
- Tool: Babel
- Article: ES8
- Article: The Proposed Features Process